ga('set', 'userId', 'USER_ID'); // Set the user ID using signed-in user_id.

Tuesday 2 May 2006

How is my Latin?....as good as my Greek

From the Conference last year.

Read and reflect?

Use of the Bible:

Discipline of Lectio Divina
Reading becomes part of the prayer. Tuning in.
Lectio
Taking up Scripture.
Meditatio
Engaging with the passage - What do I notice?
Oratio
The deep self touched, Thank you for this passage, remembering it during the day.
Contemplatio
Rest and silence and read again.



Similar to “Free Church Worship at home”? a Psalm, a reading, a prayer.

The purpose of reading is to get closer to God- “Zoe Life" not to gain further academic knowledge. How does this fit into my life where I am?

Spiritual Formation. A new discipleship Bible reading study together.
“Tell me what that says to you for me.”

2 comments:

Philip Magee said...

I like the idea of the spiritual formation bible studies. I guess this may be similiar to the Lyfe Bible studies groups which the Bible Society promote.
There is the temptation to take for granted what the preacher/pastor says on a sunday. It is important that folks are encouraged to get into the word and learn for themselves. Alongside this, there should be a support group where folks can ask questions, explore their difficulties, so that they can grown in the faith together.

Brian Robertson said...

I think there can be a human tendancy to say I have done my bit once one has read the tought for the day some bible note producers dont encourage the reading reflectively of the Sciptures. Bible notes are a guide. It can be come The "scripture reading itself" which is not the purpose of notes.

Have you ever read a verse and re read it several times putting the emphasis on a different word. It can enlighten the verse.! Thanks for your note. ,...any more?